The CECD Purpose Statement
“The purpose of the Chinese Evangelical Church of Denver is to develop mature loving followers of Jesus Christ who are committed to live a lifestyle of worship, instruction, fellowship, outreach and service.”
Our purpose statement is based upon what Jesus considered to be most important: the Great Commandment and the Great Commission. The Great Commandment (Matthew 22:37,38) is to love God and to love your neighbor. The Great Commission (Matthew 28:19-20) is to make disciples of all nations.
CECD provides opportunities in which people not only can hear how to grow in their love for God and others, but also experience how to do it. We challenge people to grow as a community of believers in expressing their love in the following nine areas:
- Adoration – In our worship times, we provide opportunities for people to express their love to God in a culturally relevant way. We challenge people to focus on God in community & private worship.
- Bible study – Through sermons, Sunday school & small groups we train people to understand what the Bible means and apply it to their lives. We challenge people to also study the Bible at home.
- Compassion – We provide opportunities for people to serve the underprivileged, & we encourage people to seek for other opportunities on their own.
- Donating– We encourage people to sacrificially give to the church and other Christian organizations in order to build the Kingdom of God.
- Evangelism – We equip people to witness to non-believers, and we provide evangelistic events for them to invite non-believers to attend.
- Family care – We provide small groups for the church family where prayer, mutual encouragement and accountability takes place. We provide training & events for the nuclear family to help parents & children and husbands & wives to grow in their love for each other.
- Global Missions– We provide opportunities for people to get involved in spreading the Gospel to other cultures and other countries through going, giving and praying.
- Helping – We teach people to learn their spiritual gifts, and provide opportunities for them to use their spiritual gifts to build the kingdom of God.
- Intercession – We train people to pray and provide opportunities for them to pray together.